1. Give thanks to the Creator each morning upon rising, and each evening before sleeping. Seek the courage and strength to be a better person.
2. Showing respect is a basic law of life.
3. Respect the wisdom of people in council. Once you give an idea it no longer belongs to you, it belongs to everybody.
4. Be truthful at all times.
5. Always treat your guests with honor and consideration. Give your best food and comforts to your guest.
6. The hurt of one is the hurt of all. The honor of one is the honor of all.
7. Receive strangers and outsiders kindly.
8. All races are children of the Creator and must be respected.
9. To serve others, to be of some use to family, community or nation, is one of the main purposes for which people are created.
10. Observe moderation and balance in all things.
11. Know those things that lead to your well-being, and those that lead to your destruction.
12. Listen to and follow the guidance given to your heart. Expect guidance to come in many forms: in prayer, dreams, solitude, also in the words and actions of Elders and friends.